Today’s show has no typical intro segments, I am designing it to allow you to help those who are mostly or totally unprepared for this. As I have said a lot lately, if you follow our basic guidelines is 30-60 days of minimum preparedness for food, essentials and finances you should be in really good shape right now.
Yet not everyone is prepared, in fact clearly they are not and in some areas it is worse than others. Today’s show is really for those who are totally freaked out, designed to say, you can do these things and take control, but I think it will help everyone get things into perspective. Please share this one folks, I think it can help a lot of people.
Special Note – For those new to the show the bullet points below are my talking points only, I generally present with less notes but don’t want to leave anything out here. I ask you to resist the urge to just scan the notes and think, yea I know that. If someone shared this with you please take the time to listen to the audio, it can really help you get though the next few weeks and it may in fact save lives.
Join Me Today as We Discuss…
Five Basics to Keep in Mind at all Times
- The social distancing advice is right, it sucks but it is right.
- Sanitation is critical when you go out act like a solider, don’t touch your face.
- However be a “grey man” don’t start shit, stay away from people
- Go out early, don’t shop around the 1st, 15th or any time money is being sent out
- Despite the hysteria most cases are mild to moderate and self resolve, you still don’t want to add to the problem
What do do at home right now…
- Set up a schedule and keep to it, not strict but keep it
- Inventory your food and supplies, know what you have before buying what you don’t need
- Calculate how long you can go with what you have, so you can make smart supply run decisions
- Do not watch wall to wall CoVid TV
- Schedule “movie” or fun TV time
- Schedule family/friend contact times, facetime, etc.
- Create “work” for kids, use “me too” leverage
- Have outside time, sorry stay away from friends and neighbors though
- Create fun projects, if you are not working do them with your kids
- Enjoy each other, make the best of things
- Teach kids about the right amount of TP and happy birthday hand washing
- If you have the space designate everyone as “private area” then can go to and have respected
More Specific to Kids….
- Schedule, structure and command make them feel like you have control, they need that
- Be honest that things are serious, but keep them upbeat, “we are going to be okay”
- Really minimize “CoVid TV” around them
- Yes it is effort to teach them a task, but once they can do it, you don’t have to
- Trust me a lot of stuff they say they don’t want to do, they will enjoy if you make them do it
Things I noticed on a supply run….
- Hit stores early, during the week, bad weather is kind of good in this case
- Stay the hell away from high population area stores if you can
- Many people are buying the “easy” food, buy whole foods, whole cuts, etc.
- This multiple meals with one item, whole chickens, large meat cuts, etc.
- Think waste elimination, buy things you can use fresh but easily store as well
- If you can get high volume easy button foods by all means do it
- Consider intel gathering whenever you go out, notice parking lots and times of day, days of week
- Don’t post your intel good or bad on social media, it isn’t everyone for themselves but one post can really ruin things
- Some other things to think about buying, potatoes, veg that freezes well, surprisingly junk foods, canned meat if you are limited on freezer space.
- If you can order curb side pick up, get it delivered, etc. do that, keep minimum contact with delivery people.
- If there is any way possible leave kids at home when shopping
Food Management in the Home…
- Cook large meat cuts, break down to meal sizes and freeze to save space
- Make soups from left overs, store in bags and freeze
- Of course can if you know how and have the tools, may be an okay time to learn
- Finish all left overs before cooking the next thing or at least package into portions for future use
- Inventory your total available liquid cash reserves, calculate how long they can take you
- Then prioritize other capital reserves in order going into them
- Cut non essential spending
- See if your lender is offering loan deferrals, you can always make it up if you want to. Highly likely there will be many programs for mortgages and car loans like this.
- Talk to your employer about the potential of strategic lay off, or cutting hours, or anything they can do for you
- FYI Tax Day just Got Moved to July 15th
Nutrition and Immune System…
- I keep saying it but a good multi vitamin, supplement additional vitamin C, use Quecertin, possibly Zinc
- Minimize any bad habits, drinking, smoking, etc. anything that hurts lung health, cardio health, liver health, etc.
- Dr. Berg seems to feel a low sugar intake is beneficial here, this video is very recent judge it for yourself
- Get exercise, inside, out side I don’t care, get your heart rate up, create endorphins
- Not a terrible time for intermittent fasting (2 meals a day) really stretches food, again minimize waste
The importance of therapy awareness
- Many treatments are available and are or soon will be available via compassionate use
- Choloquine and Zinc Packs are working, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise
- Choloquine is being made in the millions of doses right now, your doctor can prescribe it if you need it
- We have plenty of data as to what not using it looks like, we don’t need a “control group” we have a massive one
- There is no question it works, the only questions are really how well, and what is the best way to use it
- The press is on a witch hunt here, trust me they are going to look really bad in the end for it
- I don’t know a lot about the other therapies yet but plan to know more for you on them by Monday
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Facebook Forum Post on Side Hustles
- My Write up For Today’s Item of the Day with Quercetin
- Wartime Farm Full Play List – Great for Watching with the Family Right Now
- How Choloquine and Zinc works Against CoVid
Quercitin Information I have Reviewed
- Montreal researchers propose a treatment for COVID-19
- Consumer Lab about Things that Don’t, Might or Do Work Read what they say about Quercetin
- Potential Inhibitor of COVID-19 Main Protease – PDF of a study but NOT YET PEER REVIEWED – PDF Format
- The Recommended Maximum Dose of Quercetin is 500 MG twice daily according to WebMD who also says those with Kidney Problems or Pregnant Should not use it.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.