In Episode 1421 I discussed both the Estonian E-Citizen Program and Ecuador’s new Digital Currency and asked a simple question, could digital currencies and the concept of E-Citizenry be used to create a virtual nation.
I think this is a valuable thought experiment and I have some ideas I want to share today. The goal is to get a discussion going about what can be done, vs. what can’t be done. What might work vs. why nothing can work.
As part of this I created a forum thread to discuss a Virtual Nation’s Constitution would be like. There has been some interesting discussion and in particular some clear examples of limited thinking demonstrated in it. Part of this is my fault, for calling it a constitution. That framed it in the world of Statism vs. Nationalism. A better term would have been a Technical Specification.
Join Me Today As I Discuss…
- First I don’t want to be in charge, this isn’t my thing it is a thing
- Why we really should consider this
- Why we would not need, presidents, senators, etc.
- What makes a nation accepted by other nations and where VNs have an advantage
- Hard Force
- Soft Force
- Defensive Force
- Defined Borders
- What is a nation vs. what is a state
- Nation – a large group of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent or history.
- State – an organized community living under one government
- How the economy might work
- A set amount of contribution to the national reserve is established
- A new citizen buys something like bitcoin
- The bitcoin is exchanged for the nations currency
- The bitcoin or other currency is held as a reserve
- The two currencies are pegged to a fixed exchange rate
- Citizens do business in the virtual nation with the nations currency
- The reserve is a vault that citizens can buy currency from or convert it to an outside currency
- The action of buying currency is what creates it
- Yes Bitcoin already does a lot of this, sort of
- Why do it?
- As an example
- As peaceful revolution and protest
- To assert individual liberty however we can
- Replacing roles of the state
- Conflict resolution (courts)
- Product Quality Assurance
- What Can You Add
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1428
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Great Big AgriTrue Contest
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Divorce Corp – Should make you sick and ashamed a an American
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.