Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-494- Urban and Suburban Homesteading and was first published on Aug. 17th, 2010.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Here are two things I know about my audience. The majority, over 70% live in urban and suburban areas. The second is that a major majority of those would like to get out of the city some day even if the shit never hits the fan. There is also the reality that many at least for the short term are held by job, family obligations and other factors. So I thought today would be a good day to discuss urban homesteading and tomorrow we can discuss urban prepping.
Join me today as we discuss…
- What exactly makes a home a homestead anyway
- Why homesteading on some level makes sense for everyone
- Start out by assessing what you have
- Sketching your land and determining energy flows
- Gardening is hard work and may not be for you large scale
- Perennials take more time but pay far larger rewards
- Drip irrigation and automated watering systems
- Small live stock – Chickens, Rabbits and Ducks
- Considering – Hydro and Aquaponics
- The Greenhouse is your Friend
- Think about property value increasing activities
- Understand your advantages
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.