Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-457- Putting Your House Hold in Order and was first published on June 17th, 2010.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Today I though I would give sort of a mile high view of taking your home from grass hopper fields of green to organized ant hill. Or if you are on the journey already from disorganized ant hill to organized ant fortification. Getting prepared seems tough, it seems beyond reach and on some levels it is. One can never be fully prepared for everything but getting to well prepared for most things is doable in steps.
Join me today as we discuss…
- Another look at the old story, The Grasshopper and the Ant
- Taking an inventory
- Journaling items used on a regular basis
- Committing to copy canning
- Develop a black out kit
- Install emergency lighting
- Set up some sort or back up power
- Develop a documentation package
- Set up at least 2 weeks to 1 month of long term storables
- Install a back flow preventer on your water heater
- Store at least 25 gallons of water, more is better
- Journal your spending – EVERY PENNY
- Form a debt elimination plan and DO IT
- Define your lifestyle vision and WORK ON IT
- Create a get out – get home plan
- Own and know how to use a grill
- Teach yourself at least 2 food preservation methods
- Visit farmers markets
- Talk to your neighbors
- Believe you can get it done, because you can
- Focus on the results, not the battle
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.