Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-1468- The World Won’t End but Your World Could, and was first published on Nov 19th, 2014.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Monday I took a question on “economic collapse” and tried to explain that no that isn’t going to happen, not the way many think about it anyway. That the collapse is here, it is on going and it will have both chronic and acute symptoms.
In short instead of prepping for TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) many should be prepping for TEOYWAYKI (the end of your world as you know it)
As usual when you try to explain this some people feel that means, well, “it isn’t so bad” so do we even need to prep beyond say basic readiness.
Also after doing this for so long I often forget that many of the core concepts of modern survivalism might be foreign to even people who have listed (especially selectively) for say two years or even more. That the ground work I laid in the formative years may never have been heard by many listeners, at all.
So today I will combine a bit of the fundamental modern survival thinking with current modern threats and considerations. I will try to explain the balance between Doomsday Prepper nonsense and all I need is a flash light and some candles thinking. Humans by and large are binary creatures with an internal binary code of ones and zeros, this is why the political dichotomy is so effective.
We literally think in two dimensions. Safety and danger, democrat or republican, Pepsi or Coke, rich or poor, sick or healthy, alive or dead, etc. The absolutes are indeed black and white but life is a million shades of gray, today my goal is to bring you out into the spectrum and let you see some of those shades.
Join me Today as I Discuss…
- The disaster probability factor
- The disaster impact scale
- The inverse relationship of impact scale and probability
- How the circles of influence and concern fit into this
- The six primary needs and a new way to think about them
- Health and Sanitation
- What exactly is a
- Economic Collapse
- Currency Default
- What I consider BASIC common sense preparedness
- Food for 30-60 days with out complete boredom
- Ability to deal with initial power loss in 5-10 minutes
- Power for 14 days with basic needs and comfort
- Ability to deal with wastes for 30 days if you have to
- Ability to treat basic injuries and illnesses
- Ability to keep your home sound in any damage that isn’t catastrophic
- Water for at least 30 days for all needs, drinking, cooking, bathing, etc.
- Money to pay all expenses for 90 days with no income without RRA!
- Security for your home and person’s (ETPP)
- The ability to help neighbors
- The ability to communicate and get information
- The ability to move out, survive away from home and get back home
- A full info and documentation kit
- Situational Awareness and a Positive Mental Conditioning
- Basic phyical fitness and reasonable activity
- A network of friends and contacts you can count on
- Do that and you are ahead of most of the Doomsday People
- Don’t think everything is swell just because everything isn’t burning
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1468
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Bug Out Planning and Documentation
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.