Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-128- Turning a Home into a Homestead, and was first published on Jan. 23rd, 2009.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
This is a topic we discussed in the past and I thought it was time to do it again. Time to ask yourself a question, “does your home provide for you or do you provide for it”?
Tune in today to hear….
- What is the main difference between a house that owns you and a home stead
- What to look for when buying a home today
- Things you had to buy before leaving back during the hay day of homesteading
- Thoughts on gardening and permaculture
- A 48 Hour ‘What If’ project
- Thoughts on energy efficiency in the home
- Thoughts on solar and wind energy
- The real difference we have lost in how we view our homes and the one thing that will NEVER let your home become a homestead
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.