Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-99- Container Gardening for the Urban Survivalist, and was first published on Nov. 25th, 2008.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Today’s show covers ideas and options for various forms of container gardening to allow production by urban survivalists that rent, have an apartment or need to garden in winter.
Tune in today to hear…
- An announcement about the Listener Appreciation Contest
- Thoughts on some of president Bush’s pardons (a slap in the face)
- A unique concept for a cinder block based raised bed
- A growing container is anything that holds enough dirt
- Unusual options for containers in green houses
- Using indoor growth lights
- Using tires to grow potatoes
- Easy ways to grow onions, garlic and other crops with what you are already doing
- The first goal, 5% of the produce you use produced at home
- How to grow one salad a week all year long in only 4 pots
- Growing pole beans in a greenhouse
- Thoughts on dwarf (patio) fruit trees (taking them with you)
- Why we say things like “I have to put food on the table”
- How growing food can double your stored foods longevity
- Solving Americas net food importation problem one family at a time
- Combining a few container grown items with your stored preps
- The continuing cycle from container, to ground to compost
Resources for today’s show,
- Prior podcast with info on Growth Lights
- Forum Post about Cinder Blocks and Terracing
- Growing Potatoes in Tires
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.