Today’s episode was originally, Episode-1235- Fun, Cheap and Easy Gun Projects and Tricks and was originally published on October 28, 2013.
Okay guys and gals, October has kicked my butt. First 10 days in Colorado, then the seminar at my homestead, then the earthworks course in Louisiana. I need a fun and easy show and I bet with all the crap going on with the government, the economy and other things many of you do too.
Today I am going to discuss some cool gun projects you can do and exactly how to do them. None require any advanced gunsmithing knowledge or master wood working skills to do.
We will also discuss some cool and easy to install accessories and where to get them and why they are actually worth having. A little bit on reloading, including my special 44 Mag “quiet load” and even a tiny bit of airsoft shooting.
This should be a fun show, it won’t be a 100% how to show but it will give you a ton of fun projects, let you know what is possible and get you thinking. It may also give you a few projects for those long winter nights when many of us get a bit of cabin fever in January and February. It sounds crazy but those days are just around the corner.
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- The easiest money saver, rehabbing old break action shotguns
- The “rubber washer trick” with the NEF/H&R break action rifle
- Conversion of the NEF to 357 max or “k-hornet”
- Getting started reloading with the “lee loader” it fits in a shirt pocket
- The 22 LR “flat point” jig
- Restoration of Military Surplus Arms (without ruining them)
- Turning a mosin nagant into a “scout rifle”
- Creating in stock survival kits
- Starting a fire with a rifle
- Cut shells for the shot gun (slugs on demand)
- Convert a 10/22 to an M1 Carbine Clone
- Build a black powder rifle from a kit
- Build a “survival sling” from leather or paracord
- Loads so quite you don’t need a suppressor
- Build simple “airsoft” reactive targets for cheap or suburban practice
Resources for today’s show…
- Support the Quail Tracker Kickstarter
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Making the NEF Rifle Better – Includes Rubber Washer Mod
- NEF Rifle List on Yahoo – Not much action but a treasure trove of information.
- Lee Loader Rifle
- Lee Loader Pistol
- Great thread on an 10/22 to M1 Conversion Project
- Stock for the 10/22 M1 Conversion
- Tech Site Set for the 10/22
- 30 Carbine Dummy Mags for the 10/22
- Load Data for the 44 Special Load I Mentioned
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.