Today’s episode was originally, Episode-283- Emergency Vehicle Preperations and was originally published on September 24th, 2009.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Today we take a look at emergency vehicle preparations. As I discuss these please note that item one is your bug out bag, (BOB) hence something in your BOB such as a first aid kit or pair of gloves, etc won’t be mentioned today. We will be doing another show on BOBs soon. Today we are focused on turing your daily drive in to a proper bug out vehicle (BOV) and making sure you can deal with day to day inconviences as well.
I do welcome your input and comments though so if you have additional items you want to suggest please do so in the comments section below.
Also I want to remind you again to consider going by the Freedom Watch website and posting a comment thanking Judge Napolitano for allowing me to appear on freedom watch, you can do that here. Jack on the Judge.
Tune in today to hear…
- Why parts and tools should be part of your vehicle preps
- Why you need to have preps in your vehicle beyond your BOB
- The importance of maps, navigation aids and basic map reading skills
- The rules of three for evac, three destinations, three routes to each destination and three rally points on each route
- Having proper documentation
- Having back up methods of communications
- Reserve fuel – think in range not gallons
- Day to day uses for items that can also help in an emergency
- Plan on using your vehicle during a disaster, going on foot is last resort
- What is the purpose of a BOB, what is not the purpose of a BOB
- A winch is your friend, so are tow straps
- If you own two vehicles one should be a truck or a jeep
- Carrying firearms and less than lethal options
- Common sense for dealing with check points, government over reaction, etc.
- Properly stocking a BOL so you have a place to go, you can’t carry everything
- Using a modular approach for items you don’t carry day to day but would need to load fast during an evac
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Region Six Get Together
- Tea Party Silver – (sponsor of the day)
- Safe Castle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
- Jack on The Judge
- Region 8’s Meet and Greet
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.