Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-467- If the World Doesn’t End Won’t You Feel Stupid? & was originally first published on July 1st, 2010.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
I see and hear versions of this admittedly extreme version of why survivalists are nuts all the time. I just talked to a guy that pointed out how “we were all gonna die from swine flu” and it turned out to be nothing but “a bunch of bullshit”. I guess he hadn’t listened to my show called, “Lessons From the Non Event of Swine Flu“.
It is really common though for the average person to look at a “prepper” or “survivalist” and wonder why we in their minds waste money and resources. The reality is we actually save money and maximize resources it all depends on how you look at things. As I said from day one, modern survivalism is about “living a better life if times get tough, or even if they don’t”. Is it really possible though, you bet.
Join me today as we discuss…
- The myth, the world must end as we know it for preparedness to pay off
- The well it won’t happen to me bias, the why and dangers behind it
- Why debt elimination must be part of the plan or the naysayers may be right about you
- Why you never lose money storing food if you do it with sanity
- The value of “alternative energy” even just at the property value level
- Gun ownership is like voting, exercise the right or you may very well lose it
- Having some gold and silver is something every rich guy I know does, so why not you too
- A garden improves physical health, improves mental health and can increase property values
- Only the ignorant would say being informed is a bad idea
- Help me out, what is the “down side” in this survivalist thing
`Resources for today’s show…
- Info on The Bioreactor Compost Class
- Find Me on Nostr
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.