Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-278- Preparedness As A Retirement Plan & was originally first published on Sept. 16, 2009.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Notice that I did not say “preparing for retirement”, what I am talking about was brought up in a great post by CdnGuy on our forum about how using the preparedness lifestyle with intent can lead to a much more rewarding and much earlier retirement then most Americans can ever hope for.
Tune in today to hear…
- A retirement plan regardless of age starts with needs/wants assessment
- To get motivated the first step is to understand “systemic dependence” and become disgusted with it
- You must ask this question, what is retirement to YOU, my answer doesn’t matter only yours does
- If you had no debt how much would you really need
- There is currently a war against retirement to win you must first understand the war
- How Madison Avenue lies about retirement destroy the best years of our lives
- Retirement is for soul building and soul mate building
- What is your motivation
- Why you can sacrifice for 10 years but can’t and won’t for 50 and the trap that creates
- Redefining what investing means and why your “adviser” is your retirements worst enemy
`Resources for today’s show…
- Find Me on Nostr
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.