Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-1737- 10 Businesses You Could Start with Very Small Investments & was originally first published on Feb. 23, 2016.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
I hear from people all the time how they want to start a business. Many times the reason they don’t is they are being to complex rather than just getting shit done. They start off trying to launch a business that looks like it is 5 years old and successful on day one.
Don’t get me wrong I am not talking about marketing here, you absolutely do want to market a business to its vision, vs, looking tiny. No what I mean is people are trying to find a warehouse before they sell a single product or even figure out if they need one, that sort of thing.
Today you can have a business up and going pretty fast, today I am going to just toss out some ideas and try to do it more from a business model stand point than “go into ____ business and sell _____s for ___ dollars each.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Real business is first the creation of value
- Follow your passion is the best advice no matter who shits on it
- Spending about 500-2000 dollars to start a business is a VERY small investment
- Ten Businesses You Could Start with Very Small Investments
- The 52 week infomercial – “of the week business”
- The weekly delivery business – food coop style
- The niche service business – above ground pools, beekeeping, etc.
- Pressure wash and stain/paint business
- Spin Farming – Urban Farming
- Airsoft based realistic tactical training (this actually needs a warehouse)
- Nature walk specialist – yes I am absolutely serious
- Fishing guide – easy because most can’t market for shit
- Independent Sales Manager – (broker stuff for others)
- Pet sitting, mobile grooming, etc.
- Marketing and sales platforms people don’t get
- Pinterest – pin your ass off
- Facebook – build a group not a fan page
- Youtube – market yourself, make them ask for your product
- Blogging – have consistency or don’t bother
- Email – boring but the one you have total control over
- The Phone – yes it still works
- Cold Calling – works better than it ever has
- Google Local – the fact that people don’t do this is crazy
- Basic SEO – simply optimize for your city, town, metro area
- Final thoughts
- No one can do it for you
- It isn’t easy but it is simple
- You always have to prime a pump
- When you’re in charge you are also responsible
“Resources for today’s show…
- Find Me on Nostr
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.