Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-1749- Financial Preparedness the Modern Survivalist Way & was originally first published on March, 22nd, 2016.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Tuesday shows are always stand alone, just Jack shows on a particular subject. Today’s will be on financial prepping, next Tuesday will be on guns and the following will be on food storage and prep. This was all due to the results of an informal Facebook poll. You can see the post and results here.
To that end I will be doing more stuff like this in the future to let you guys tell me what topics you want covered. Today we delve into financial preparedness in a way you won’t ever learn in school and almost no “financial adviser” will ever assist you with, except perhaps John Pugliano.
Economics and the reality of unfunded liabilities, the national debt along with everyday financial worries is the number one reason people get into the preparedness lifestyle. Sometimes it is from a practical approach but just as often it is panic and fear based. Today we set aside panic and establish a base of common sense and pragmatic techniques to build, preserve and protect wealth.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- The number one wealth killer – poverty consciousness
- The number two wealth killer – consumer age thinking
- Why the two are actually related and not as oppositional as you’d think
- The lesson of the game Monopoly
- Why debt is cancer and must be eradicated
- Why saving is more important than investing for most people
- The lessons of alternative energy
- Start with increasing efficiency (income)
- Reduce losses (spending)
- My rules for truly becoming financially resilient
- Increase your economic IQ – daily for a year at least
- Save money, determine what you can save, then do a bit more
- Reduce expenses in small ways, put at least half of it away
- Create additional income (business, second job, more hours)
- Save money (cash on hand, cash in bank, CDs, bonds)
- Become a land owner on some level
- Put some money into silver/gold (5-10% of NW)
- Put some money into bitcoin (a little each month or quarter)
- Become a producer of food, yes, really
- Plant trees
- Buy the best you can afford once vs. cheap twice
- Become highly skilled at fixing your own problems
- See opportunity everywhere because it is everywhere
- Become a great cook
- Invest in only what you understand and only when it makes sense
- Get out of the way of telegraphed punches, yes time the market
- Pay off all debt asap, I know I said it before and I will keep saying it
- Final thoughts – The game is rigged, it is a big club, you are not in it!
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key is npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- The Entire Movie Harrison Bergeron on Odysee
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.