TSP Rewind – The Great Recession That Will Never End – Epi-236
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:23:40 — 23.9MB)
Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally The Epidode-1659- Great Recession That Will Never End & was originally first published on October, 13th, 2015.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
The green shoots have taken root, the recession of 2008 is gone forever, recovery is here. I’d like to believe that, I would also like to believe that Santa and the Ester Bunny will bring me stuff but well, you know how that goes right?
What we are actually seeing right now is a larger divide between the haves and have nots. Not the class warfare haves and have nots, that are really just a shield for the elites.
This is due to a shift, a shift in technology, collective psychology and an insistence on clinging to a past paradigm that is dying. The following is from the movie Harrison Bereron.
- Teacher – “What do we call the period after the end of the cold war”
- Harrison – “The Great Recession”
- Teacher – “And what made this recession different from all recessions before it”
- Jeanie – “It never really ended, it just kept going“.
- Teacher – “Why?” ..Class doesn’t know..
- Teacher – “Harrison?”
- Harrison – “Well in all previous recessions once the economy bottomed out and production increased, unemployment decreased. Um, but in the great recession because of new and improved technologies, fewer and fewer workers were required in all sectors. With so many people forced from their jobs, the traditional economic recovery was impossible.
- Teacher – Exactly by the year 2018 only 15% of the population had jobs. America was divided into two camps. A highly skilled and prosperous elite and an unemployed destitute majority. What happened next, Garth?”
- Garth – “Well the people who didn’t have jobs were very unhappy. And they started making trouble. Like they bombed buildings and had riots and killed people and stuff.
- Teacher – “Right and that was the beginning of what we now know as?”
- Class – “The Second American Revolution”
- Teacher – “Right and we’ll stop there for today”.
Let me ask you honestly how prophetic this sounds if you just change the year 2018 to say 2028 and move it only 10 years forward? Mind you this movie was made in 1996!
Join Me Today to Discuss
- What is GDP and how does it show us a “recession”
- What changes were made to how GDP is calculated, why does it matter
- What does technology replacing 2% of jobs a year for 10 years mean
- 23 million jobs eliminated
- With a flat population unemployment would be about 23%
- Current unemployment is claimed to be about 5%, why this is a lie
- Why I think 2% is a very low number, lower then what we should expect
- How this transition is like slow sinking quick sand
- Why the younger you are the worse it could be or the better it could be
- The type of thinking necessary to adapt to this, (the poem “If” by Rudyard Kipling)
- Why true ecologically sound production is a great play right now
- In spite of everything build, invest smartly, learn, grow, create, get shit done
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key is npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- The Entire Movie Harrison Bergeron on Odysee
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Alternatives to the movie
I tried posting links to the movie pointing to archive dot org but this site keeps saying that I am spam.
I approved one for you if you put two or more links in one comment it triggers spam filtering.