Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-917- 11 Common Gardening, Permaculture and Homesteading Questions and was originally fist published on June 7th, 2012. The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
When I speak or do videos or even do a podcast there are common questions that always seem to pop up.
Given that is the case I figure most people could learn from at least a few of them, so today’s show is dedicated to answering some of the more common ones and a few of the more complex ones.
My feeling is that in many instances people over think some of these issues and in other areas many people simply under think them.
In many ways we simply need to understand that nature knows what she is doing, on the other hand we need to understand nature so we can best channel the existing energies.
Join Me Today As I Answer….
- Is it really best to grow from seed or start plants as seedlings
- If you do hugelkultur does it mean you never have to water
- How long does the wood “last” with hugelkultur
- How can I do contour based design if my land it totally flat
- How do I deal with clay soil, sandy soil, etc.
- Do swales become “weed beds” once established
- Do you need to inoculate soil to encourage fungal activity
- How do you know when to practice “chop and drop” in your climate
- In a 7 layer forest system how do herbs and ground covers obtain enough solar exposure
- How do I develop a “seed mix” for my climate, region, need, etc.
- The big ones, “but what if” and “can I”
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key is npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.