Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-1689- Why You Should Become A Gun Owner was first published on December 8th 2015.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
I grew up with guns. Got my first BB gun from a grandfather at 7 and was running though the Florida swamps alone with it by 9. Moved to Pennsylvania at 12 and was turned loose alone with a 22 rifle and a 20 gauge shot gun, only conditions, do nothing stupid and pay for your own ammo with chores.
Shot my first deer with a bow that fall, another with a rifle that winter. I have a 22 I got that Christmas that likely had 100,000 rounds through it before I left for the Army at 17.
I learned the Army way of shooting next, qualified expert with the M16 and spent time shooting weapon like the M2, M60 and other fun stuff like the SAW. Left service and returned to PA for a bit, came to Texas and started collecting and shooting all types of guns.
In all of this it gets easy to forget there are 40 year old men that are even a little bit “country boy” types that have never owned a gun, perhaps never even fired one.
Today’s show is for that brand new gun owner, or the would be new gun owner. I want to help demystify things, I want to help avail fear and I want to help Barack Obama! What? LOL
See our current President is likely the all time best selling gun salesman in history. Every time he opens his mouth about taking away gun rights, sales go through the roof. Well he has about a year left, I hope to push his record over the top, to make sure that more Americans become new gun owners during his presidency than any three presidents in US history. And you thought anarchists were not interested in politics. Ha!
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Replacing fear with respect
- Defending a right by exercising a right
- Yes a gun is “dangerous” so are chain saws, cars and power tools
- Yes you very well may need a gun to defend yourself
- You likely won’t need a gun to defend yourself, you likely die young but have insurance anyway
- Trying to reach the reluctant spouse
- Go to a class on safety and shooting
- Explain your view
- Ignore the statistics battles, they are pointless
- At some point man the F up or woman the F up
- Yes women you should carry too if you can
- Getting started
- Get training
- Find mentors
- Go shoot rented guns
- In general start with long guns
- Learn gun functionality
- Learn gun maintenance
- Develop protocols and procedures
- My basic gun battery and the reasons for it
- A 22 rifle
- A center fire rifle
- A 22 hand gun
- A center fire hand gun
- A shot gun
- Whatever you want and can afford
- Using airsoft as a training and practicing tool
- Loose the fear, seriously lose it, it is irrational and makes no sense
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.