Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-1486- 20 Simple Prepper Steps Every American Should Take was first published on December 17th 2014.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Yesterday I did a “back to fundamentals” show on permaculture, today I am going to do one on basic preparedness. On some levels it is great that prepping has become its own “industry”. This brings some unique products to the market and allows preppers to buy from companies that think like they do. On the other hand, it has also attracted parasites to our world.
Said parasites hype every news story to infer the end of the world, dollar, oil, _____, will be here in just a few short months. They cite “CIA insiders” that are likely some dweeb that grew up reading spy novels to make their case and other nonsense. Then networks like Discovery get on board and do nonsense TV shows like Doomsday Preppers, and other BS.
The problem is the person simply concerned by events like hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, realistic pandemic threats, loss of liberty, sustained inflation begins to feel prepping is for quacks. Or they feel that prepping is so expensive that it is just not possible anyway.
The truth is prepping doesn’t require a mountain retreat, it doesn’t require a bunker and it certainly doesn’t require 20 pallets of MREs down in your basement. What it actually requires us to do is simply think more like our grandparents and great grand parents and less like modern slaves who worship authority, conformity and debt.
Join Me Today As We Discuss these Twenty Rules…
- Step one – keep a food log
- Step two – keep a spending log
- Step three – perform a risk assessment on your life and geography
- Step four – build a basic black out kit
- Step five – build a basic first aid kit
- Step six – start copy canning
- Step seven – cut two expenses, just two of your choosing
- Step eight – Build a basic 72 Hour Kit – BOB
- Step nine – buy some source of back up power – any source
- Step ten – get some source of back up heating
- Step eleven – build just two 7.5 gallon tubs or four 5 gallon buckets emergency food
- Step twelve – store a minimum of 100 gallons of water, more if you can
- Step thirteen – acquire a minimum or two emergency radios
- Step fourteen – acquire some means of back up communications
- Step fifteen – build a basic documentation pack
- Step sixteen – build up over time a 30 day supply of commercial long term storage food
- Step seventeen – learn at least 2 methods of food storage
- Step eighteen – find local food producers and visit often, learn about seasonal opportunities
- Step nineteen – learn to cook 10 new recipes (try to use some of your storables)
- Step twenty – store up a reasonable amount of COH (cash on hand)
- Step twenty-one (bonus) – affirm your right and responsibility to survive
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
- Why you Got a Rewind Today
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.