Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-561- Building Your Own Long Term Rations The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Last week a listener asked about question about building your own meals for a bug out bag or for back packing etc. As it was a feed back show I gave the 5 minute answer to the question.
Today we dig deeper, I will give you some methods of creating long term storeable but ready to cook rations to supplement products like Mountain House, etc. These recipes are more about building bases first and then customizing them to taste.
Join me today to learn…
- Why create your own rations
- You know what goes in them
- Utilize your gardens production
- Easily scale them up and down (home and away)
- Save money
- One day it may be the only choice
- The vegetable soup base
- The chili base
- The potato/chowder base
- Tips and Tricks
- Why you should carry rice/beans separately
- Dehydrated beans and lentils are your friends
- Small packets for seasonings and certain items
- Vac sealers are great but not the only choice
- Getting meat into the picture
- Canned Meats
- Dehydrated Meats (biltong and jerkey)
- Freeze Dried (repackaged)
- TVP – When all else fails
- Fruits and Nuts and other Stuffs
- Dried berries, raisins etc. add flavor sweetness
- Flour is versatile and lasts a long time vac sealed
- Sardines and other canned fish (shrimp/clam chowder)
- Pastas – (think mini and cut spaghetti)
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
- Why you Got a Rewind Today
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.