Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode with an all new introduction was originally Episode-862- The Modern Homesteading Mindset and first aired on March 20th, 2012.
The following are the original show notes from that episode
Some folks wonder why I spend so much effort on homesteading type topics. Simply put because modern survivalism is about a better quality of life, not just prepping for total systems failure. In fact I feel in many ways that systems have already failed or are actively failing.
Understand the role of society and government is supposed to be to make sure people have individual rights and the ability to pursue happiness. While it may be the case that these words are part of our foundational documents I view them as universal natural law.
Join Me Today As I Discuss…
- How well are “the systems” working for the average person
- Homesteading as a mindset vs. tasks and stuff
- What were the goals of the original homesteaders
- Typical modern homestead lifestyles
- Urban Homesteading
- Suburban Homesteading
- Rural Homesteading
- Off Grid Homesteading
- How the six needs of survival relate to homesteading
- The importance of community for homesteaders
- The concept of a true “homesteaders community”
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.