Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes.
Today’s episode was originally, Episode-1654- The Basics of Prepping for the Real World and originally aired on Oct 6, 2015.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Today we are going to do a back to basics show. Simple stuff that we all need reminding about day to day in order to stay sharp. This is also the exact type of information to give to people new to prepping, especially the totally unprepared that “don’t get it”. We all have fiends like that right?
This show is also great for the totally freaked out that are in panic mode. The people who have been listening to too much Alex Jones and are worried that they are going to be tossed into a FEMA Camp soon, I mean even though nothing happened, Jade Helm was a test run for martial law.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The threat probability matrix
- The disaster impact scale
- The inverse ratio of impact and probability
- Your 6 survival needs
- Journal your consumption
- Eat what you store, store what you eat
- Just get to 2 weeks, do it again, do that again = 60 days
- Become a producer
- Soda bottles, Arizona Tea bottles etc
- Frozen water serves two purposes
- Learn to make water safe to drink (filter, boil, etc.)
- Consider rain catchment or locate local sources
- A place to go that you can count on
- A well thought out evacuation plan
- Tarps, tools, etc. to stay home if possible
- Get a good portable shelter and hope it is only for camping
- Develop op sec and situational awareness
- Consider being armed
- Avoid the three S’s – Stupid Places, Things, People
- Accept both the good and bad realities about security
- Build a black out kit include rechargeable batteries
- Get a inverter, extension cord and splitters
- Generator or battery bank
- Store Fuel – 12 can rotation over time
- Health and Sanitation
- Have a way to dispose of or deal with waste
- Keep a good medical kit on hand at all times
- Develop disaster time procedures and protocols
- Learn the most basic use of herbs and essential oils
- You just keep going from there
- The other basics
- Cash – carry cash, have cash at home as well
- Insurance – keep it updated
- Bank Accounts – have two
- Documentation – build “the pack”
- Communications – weather radio/battery radio and TV antenna
- Cell Phone – battery packs
- 72 Hour Kit – skip the tactical shit, at first
- Final thought, if you won’t help yourself, why would anyone else
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- Buy Bitcoin on CoinBase
- My Favorite NoKYC Cryto Exchange CoinEx
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.