Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-2299- The Basics of Being Prepared for Most Things – Part One and was originally published on September 25, 2018.
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
We just had one hell of a hurricane in the Carolinas and the problems there are far from over. Storm season is still upon us and there will likely be at least one more major storm impact this year.
Next up, well winter is on the way, blizzards and ice storms are soon to follow. Next thing you know it will be spring, time for mudslides, tornadoes and other “fun stuff”. Then back to summer, forest fires, more storms and it just goes on.
If you think about it we don’t have a disaster season, we have seasons with disasters that are more common during them, and even that rule gets broken. You don’t think of winter and tornadoes but in 2015 in the three days following Christmas we had the December 2015 North American storm complex. In three days we had a total of 32 tornadoes confirmed, 60 people died and hundreds of homes were destroyed.
To be blunt, shit happens! And depending on the size of the shit, you are going to be your own first responder for hours, days or at times even weeks. As I say in Spirko’s 7th Law of Life. “Preparedness for hard times, is nothing more than being a responsible adult.” Today we talk about the most basic preps that every grown ass adult should put into place for themselves and their family.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- I think it is non preppers that are crazy, not us
- Preparedness is the only responsible thing for adults to do
- Disaster Probability, Impact Scale and Commonality (DPICs)
- Your Five Survival Needs and Basic Steps
- Food Journal
- Copy Canning
- Basic Deep Pantry
- Everyone in the House is a Cook
- Learn to Create Storables
- Don’t buy bottled water, make your own
- A filter of some sort is a good idea
- Fill tubs in advance
- If you have a pool don’t forget about it
- Rain catch can be cheap to set up
- Have a bug out and bug in plan
- Have the basic things to fix problems
- Have a designated shelter area
- Do fun disaster drills, not scary ones
- Black Out Kit
- Rechargeable batteries AA and AAA
- Power Inverter 800 Watts Minimum
- Stored Gas
- Extension Cords and Three Way Plugs
- Battery Bank
- Health and Sanitation
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Prescription Meds
- Sanitation Items
- Waste Disposal
- Procedures and protocols
- Don’t do stupid things, in stupid places with stupid people (17th Law of Life Video)
- Yes have a means of defense and know how to use it
- Back to Procedures and protocols
- Why this really is the only responsible choice
- Coming in Part Two – Logistics, Communications, Documentation, Etc.
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Parler
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- Buy Bitcoin on CoinBase
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.