Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Episode-539- A New Understanding of Money – Part Two and Aired on Oct. 27th 2010. The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
Today we shall continue with Part Two of “A New Understanding of Money”. This subject is deep and complex yet once we peal back the layers it is remarkably simple. Yesterdays show set up the fundamental underlying knowledge necessary to comprehend the real mess that has been made of our monetary system.
Today we will learn about the way our money is supposed to be created and managed and the common misconceptions about gold and currency in relation to the United States dollar. We will build a fictional currency of our own to work in a barter economy, this will be like studying Latin to actually understand the structure of English but a lot more entertaining.
When you finish with today’s show and add it to yesterday’s you will know more about our currency than 99% of Americans with Bachelors Degrees. Indeed you will know more about what really maters then may with degrees in economics and finance.
Join me today to learn…
- The real issue is the private control of public money
- Money creation and control is one of the Federal Governments few assigned constitutional roles
- Why the House should be the most powerful force in government
- Why the House was designed to be subject to the will of the people
- How the Senate is supposed to be a “States check” on the House
- More to 1913 then just the Federal Reserve
- To correct the system Congress must retake control of the creation of money
- What is money really?
- Creating a barter currency to understand reality
- Requirements for a functional currency
- Total quantity must be limited
- Expansion of the supply must be possible
- Backed by an intrinsic value
- Have greater face value then its physical worth
- Difficult or impractical to counterfeit
- Able to be exchanged for goods and or services
- Convertible into external currencies (useful outside its internal economy)
- Have the confidence of its users
- Fixing our current monetary system
- A gold standard alone is not the answer, perhaps no answer at all
- How moving both to and from gold have both been used to steal public wealth
- What do we really need our currency to do and what value should it reflect
- What you can do for yourself and your nation
- Be an informed, educated and polite evangelist
- Understand the money supply is not about politics
- Accept that the current system will change but that we can’t know how
- Exist outside the system where you can
- Base your personal economy on value
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Silver and Gold Shop – (sponsor of the day)
- ShelfReliance.com – (sponsor of the day)
- Members Support Brigade
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.