Today is an episode of TSP Rewind, commercial free versions of past podcast episodes. Today’s episode was originally Epi-2162- Can Anyone Be an Entrepreneur – It Depends & was originally first published on February, 13th, 2018.
The notes below are the original notes from that episode.
I recently got this question and realized at once this was a show topic not a show segment. It is a complex question and like most such questions the answer is, it depends.
Let’s look at some other seemingly simple questions on the topic to start peeling the onion as it were. How about this? Is being an entrepreneur hard? Well it also depends, on many things like. How large do you want the business to be? What experience do you have? How gifted are you? Is this a side hustle or a full time business?
Now that should start to paint a picture for you, the answer to “can anyone be an entrepreneur”, is a definite yes with a lot of caveats. Let’s answer a similar question to see how this works. How about, can anyone be a basketball player? The answer is clearly yes isn’t it, there is even wheelchair basketball leagues. I would say if you can move and use your arms you can be a basketball player.
But can anyone be an NBA basketball player? Can anyone be good enough to play college ball? Can anyone and everyone make the high school team? We can easily answer that with no, no and no. There are only so many spots at that level and talent decides who gets them.
But anyone can get some buddies together and start an after work league, if you play basketball you are a “basketball player”, right? With entrepreneurship there are even more opportunities, there are niches upon niches within other niches.
So the question isn’t can you be an entrepreneur, rather these questions you must answer to determine your path…
- Do you want to be an entrepreneur?
- Do you have any specialized knowledge or skills?
- Do you have or are you willing to create the necessary time?
- Is there something you are passionate about that you can leverage?
- If you can’t do what you are passionate about right now, are you willing to do something to simply learn and earn?
- What sacrifices are required and are you willing to make them?
- How would you define success in your venture?
- Does/will your family support you in this effort?
- How badly do you want it compared to what you will get if you succeed?
- Are you kidding yourself? (mental masturbation)
- Why are you not already doing this?
Today I will discuss these questions and ideas and concepts around them. I will not answer them though for anyone other than myself. I am not the guy who tells you to stand in front of a mirror and say, “I’m great, I’m wonderful and everybody likes me“. Rather I attempt to give you a way to examine a path for yourself and determine if it is the right path for you.
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key is npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- The Entire Movie Harrison Bergeron on Odysee
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.