UPDATE – As of 2-1-17 at 11:00 4 seats remain for this class. Two of which were added due to people willing to ride share, etc. reducing the vehicle count a bit. If you want to come this year get your seats soon!
Well this time we made it a day without selling out, there are still about 10 seats left, so get them while you can. This workshop is going to be amazing, with amazing people and some of the stuff is so awesome we can’t even tell you what it is in advance.
Remember what happens at the barter blanket, stays at the barter blanket and this time, that is getting expanded just a bit. Plus do you know the meaning behind the secrete code of “Talk to the Squirrel” or are you on the private email list with some of the coolest people in the TSP community. If not the only way to find out and get on the list is to come to a workshop. It is a promise I have made to all students.
Cost to attend this work shop is 500 dollars total with a 100 dollar deposit to hold your seat and the balance isn’t due until you arrive on site.
This time I am also doing a really cool contest, be ready to take a lot of pictures (not at the barter blanket) is all I will say about that for now.
What are we going to cover this time around, well I have 14 awesome instructors plus myself and we are going to provide 15 awesome workshops in 3 days time, get ready for a knowledge upload in a big way. Here is what we are covering,
- Knife Making – After this class you will know how to complete a kit knife even if you don’t do the hands on extra class. Yep all of the sudden KnifeKits.com will be a more interesting website. And Patrick Roehrman will teach those that upgrade his master craft.
- Small Engine Maintenance – Chris Prater will be teaching this and he is always awesome and shows you how to do things for a dollar that others pay a hundred to acomplish.
- Homestead Automation – Instructor Charlie Fairchild will show you how to easily automate your homestead and save hours and dollars.
- Alcohol Infusions and Fermented Foods – Some guy named Spirko is going to show you how to make a 50 dollar bottle of liquor for 5 bucks and how to make healthy fermented foods to heal your body if you over indulge.
- Sous Vide Cooking – Jake Robinson and that Spirko guy will show you how to make steaks and more that will blow away your friends and family.
- Building an AR15 – How would you like to save a couple hundred bucks on your next AR? It isn’t that hard the basics of building your own will be covered in only one hour flat.
- Roasting Coffee – Nicole “Awesome Sauce” (that is what I call her) will show you not just how to roast your own coffee but how she doesn’t just save money, she makes money doing it. We call that function stacking.
- The Trump Economic Impact – Love him or hate him Donald Trump is president and like it or not, he is “getting shit done”, what will the economic impact of his first 100 days be long term, John Pugliano will tell you what is coming.
- Aquaponics – Do you think aquaponics is too complicated, or cost to much to do. While we will be showing off my large installation, Richard Hasting will be showing you how anyone can set up aquaponics and produce more food in less space than you can imagine.
- High Density Food Production – This is being done by my buddy David Seigler, in some years he and his wife produce up to 70% of their calories from their own land. Oh by the way it is a suburban Fort Worth property. And he will tell you how to offset your costs by selling things to Yuppies, things you would have never thought of. Yea really!
- Homesteading on a Budget and Cover Crop See Mixes – Nick Ferguson is a master of doing more with less, so as to make homesteading profitable and he will also teach you to make your own seed mixes and save both the earth and your wallet in the process.
- Solar Power – Karen Houston who has 30 years of experience as a master electrician will teach you how to make solar power work for you, both on and off grid.
- Wood Working – In fact anarchist wood working! What is that, it is building amazing stuff with nothing but hand tools. Instructor Brad Fullbright will show you what it is all about.
- Special Unadvertised Bonuses – If I told you what this was, I would ruin it wouldn’t I?
On top of all this there will be home made apple cider on draft, mead and beer tasting, some of the coolest people you will ever meet and frankly I don’t think you could eat the way we feed you over three days for half the cost of attendance. If you leave here hungry you are either a vegan or well, you are a vegan!
So if you have always wanted to come to one of our workshops, come to this one, make the time and you won’t regret it. The after hours time, the bonding with like minded individuals alone is worth it.
Our property is about 30 minutes from DFW Airport and many students ride share, etc. to get here, so even if you have to fly in, airfare is generally reasonable and you can just bring enough to camp, or get a hotel, food is not going to be a problem, I promise you.