Well folks we are going to do it again, get a bunch or really cool people together for 3.5 days at Nine Mile Farm (our location is near Azle Texas and about 30 minutes drive from DFW Airport).
As always the food, fun and learning will all be off the hook. TSP-Fall-22 will run this year from Nov. 9th – 13th. On the dates the 10th-12th are the actual workshop days. Students that camp usually set up that Wednesday after 2PM and we have beers and grilled brats and sausages that night and get to know one another.
Non campers are also encouraged to come Wednesday afternoon/evening if they are in town by then. Sunday we ask everyone to be off our property by 10:30 AM so we can rest and put our lives back together.
This Year we Have an Amazing Line up Planned for your Education While you are Here
- Jack will be leading a Food Forest Chop and Drop workshop along Getting Gardens Ready for Winter
- Nick Ferguson will be explaining exactly how to set up and manage fodder systems (2 sessions)
- Nicole Sauce will be presenting on food preservation for everyone including the ultra busy
- Tim “Karaoke” Neu will show you how to provide security and automation on your homestead without the cloud (no spying by big tech) including a full demo
- Tim “Tool Man” Cook will be presenting a few homestead projects from his workshop
- Joel Ryals will be presenting on core canine obedience and building the perfect homestead dog (2 sessions)
- Dr. Ken Berry will be presenting on the proper human diet
- John Pugliano will answer the question, “Recession in 2023?” in his presentation
- More yet to be announced
But Wait Theres More!
There is a reason that every year 60% or more of our guests are returning to their 2nd, 3rd hell some their 10th or even more TSPC Workshops. Unlike a typical workshop where all you do is have classes TSPC is an experience, one that changes lives and entertains the hell out of you at the same time. Let’s start with the food!
Here’s just some of what will be served this year…
- Two new home cooked meals (by Dorothy and I) that are all keto and will blow you away – Thursdays lunch & dinner.
- Fajitas (Chicken and Beef) with all the fixins (to be catered by Uncle Julio’s) – Friday Night before bater blanket.
- Elk and Bee Hive Cheddar Sausage and Rattlesnake and Rabbit Sausage from world famous Chef Tim Love (no seriously the guy is a famous TV chef, look him up)
- 24 Hour Sous Vide Brisket with a reverse smoke (cooked by Jack)
- There are always additional surprises, if you leave here hungry it is your own fault
I’m Not Done Yet
If I had to sum up the value of a TSPC Workshop I could do it with four words, education, food, fun, networking. So let’t talk about the last two now. Some of the extras we throw in that really add fun and the ability to get to know others include…
- Friday nights amazing barter blanket experience around the fire (see this video for more)
- Karoke in the giant shop building Thursday and Saturday nights (even if you don’t sing this is a blast)
- Booze Circle Tastings
- Pick up games like darts and pool (my pool table kind of sucks but we still have fun)
- Amazing coffee is provided by Holler Roast and there is just something about having it on chilly morning with 70 TSPC friends around
- Everyone is invited to bring items to sell (we don’t set up tables for that but we have “the selling of the things” so you can promote what you have)
Shut up Jack and just tell me when I can sign up already and what will it cost me
Soon! I plan to open it for registration on Saturday Sept. 24th at 9:30 AM CST. I am going to drop the link at 9:30 AM in our Telegram Channel, then if it lasts more than about 10 minutes I will post it live on the site, you know what that means right?
Get on our Telegram Channel like now.
Then set a reminder. I can only imagine how fast this one will go. Last year it was well under 4 minutes and GONE.
And this year I am cutting the number of seats and slightly raising the price. The last two fall workshops I feel we let some of the quality in some areas fall off a bit. It wasn’t bad it just wasn’t perfect and that is what I shoot for. So this year we are selling 50 vs. 65 tickets.
Translation it is going to sell out in minutes!
As to cost we kept the cost the same for 9 years running and I have worked hard to keep it there. When running the numbers we determined that costs have increased by about 100 dollars a student over the years so that is what we are raising the cost by.
On sign up day I require a 200 dollar deposit by credit or debit card. The 400 dollar balance is due in cash or crypto when you show up. If you reserve and have to cancel in the first two weeks as long as I can still sell your spot I give you a refund.
After that the deposit is not refundable (except for true emergencies) and I ask that you simply sell your spot to someone else. There are almost always willing buyers in the TG group.
Don’t Sleep In! It is Gonna Sell Out!
Otherwise, again mark your calendar, set an alarm, set two (two is one one is none) and be ready on Saturday Sept 24th at 9:30 AM CST. If you are late you won’t make it. And I will say it again, if you want a shot at this, download the telegram app NOW and join our Telegram Channel.
Also we have a secret Telegram Group you will get after you sign up that ties you into our alumni and gets you important updates before and during the workshop. This one is really a secret insiders club in and of itself.
P.S. – If you have made some sort of prior arrangements with me (say barter blanked deal or something like that) and have a guaranteed seat this year you wish to use. Please email me in the next week, I will need to get your signed up before the 24th. This way I know what I am dealing with as far as ticket inventory. Email me with TSPC Workshop in the Subject Line.