Earlier this week the RSS feed that allows users to get our podcast with programs like the iPhone Podcast App, Stitcher Radio, the TSP Android App, etc. experienced a weird bug.
For some reason the feed just FUBAR’d and was pointing download apps to a place where there were no mp3 files. This caused a few of the apps to get buggy as well.
As soon as I became aware of this I “rebuilt” the feed using the “nuclear option” (yes they really call it that) in Feedburner. This fixed the bug. It didn’t fix the problem in all apps though, some yes, some no.
In particular the Android App which is run by Jason at Droidworks had a bug revealed by the problem. If you use that app you should get the latest version, Jason had it updated within 4 hours of hearing about the issue.
If you are using the iPhone Podcast App or Stitcher Radio all seems to be well now.
If you are using any other app and having problems with it these are the two solutions that have worked for almost everyone who reported trying them.
- Simply unsubscribe and resubscribe to the podcast in that app.
- If the first option doesn’t work, uninstall the app and reinstall it.
I am sorry for the inconvenience but it really isn’t anything we did wrong here. And we took what corrective action we could as swift as we possibly could.