Aaron Dorr is a Michigan born native. Growing up in rural northern Michigan has its advantages for a young boy and he spent most of his youth in the woods hunting and otherwise learning about the great outdoors.
At 17 he enlisted in the USMC reserve and after his initial year of training returned home to serve out his contract with 6th ESB, start a family, and earn his degree from Northwood University.
In recent years his gravitation toward the outdoors has only increased as he has discovered his new addiction to trapping.
In June of 2017 he launched Bandit’s Outdoor Supply LLC, a small start up with a mission to get you into the woods, swamps, and marshes of this great country. He joins us today to discuss trapping as a skill set, a hobby, a source of income and a source of meat.
Join Us Today as We Discuss…
- Legal forms of trapping legal
- Is trapping humane
- Why trap and how does it fit into a lifestyle of preparedness
- Once you harvest an animal what do you do with it
- Is it safe to eat trapped game
- What is your preferred target species for meat and why
- Where should someone start looking for recipes
- Who buys fur and where can it be sold
- What advice would you have for someone who wants to get started
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- The Year 83
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Get Your Liberty Forum Tickets – Use Code tsp10 for 10% off all tickets.
- Hunter, Angler, Gardner, Cook
- TSP Episode on Cooking Fish and Game
- Wolfer Nation on Youtube – Clay Locklear’s Channel
- A Mad Russian’s Christmas – Trans Siberian Orchestra
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.