I feel we need to do more fundamentals shows than we have been doing lately. I almost called them beginner shows but I don’t feel that is really what they are. While great for beginners fundamentals are for everyone.
Back when I played various sports, even when I got to an advanced level we often worked on the same fundamentals we all had started with say 10 years earlier. There is a reason, in any discipline when your fundamentals are solid everything you add to them improves things. Yet, when those fundamentals are weak the opposite happens, everything you makes things work.
So today I am going to answer ten basic questions on getting prepared. Should be a great show for old and new listeners alike and a great one to share with friends and family…
Join me today as I answer…
- What are the top 5 most likely disasters a person would be likely to experience
- Job Loss
- Serious or Terminal Illness or Injury (ie auto accident, phyical assault)
- Storm Damage (wind, water, ice, etc)
- Fire (local area, wide spread or just your house)
- Specific local threats (riots, volcano, earthquakes, etc.)
- What are the top 5 first things to get into your preparedness plan
- A documentation and plan kit
- A basic black out kit
- A basic bug out kit
- An emergency cash fund
- 30 days of basic food, water and needs
- What is the easiest way to get to a 30 day supply of reserve food
- Keep a food journal
- Eat what you store and store what you eat
- Practice basic inventory control and stock rotation
- What are the 6 best life skills for the self reliant life style
- What about really big “Hollywood Disasters” – Pandemic, Global Collapse, etc.
- What role does growing your own food play in preparedness, is it necessary
- If you are going to carry a gun, what gun should you carry and why
- What is the role of EDC in preparedness and what should you carry in an EDC kit
- What is the biggest thing most prepper types overlook in their planning
- What is the single biggest determining factor of survival in most situations
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- On this Day in 1735 John Adams was Born
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Find Your TSP Facebook Group for Your State
- Hey Stoopid – Alice Cooper
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.