David Haight stated when he asked to do this show that, “once upon a time, I prided myself on my ability to be content anywhere. Over time though I realized I was lying to myself. This led to a though and carefully planned and executed strategic relocation. I am now in a place that I love above all others”.
Today David will tell you his story of how he is transitioning from urban living and a full time job to 40 acres of permaculture promise and self-empjoyment. He will also share a personal example as to why he feels that TSP style modern survival thinking outweighs the advice of most “experts” on Strategic Relocation.
Join Us Today to Discuss…
- Davids motivations for relocation
- Finding the right property
- The most important factors of enjoyment as to where he moved to
- What he is doing now and why he feels that shows he made the right choice
- Internal and external pitfalls that he encountered in his relocation
- The tenets of modern survival helped him transition
- His biggest lessons in the process of moving
- The use of good debts and bad debts to your advantage
- How has exiting full time employment changed his world view
- How permaculture thinking applies to developing income streams
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1606
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Duck Chronicles – Video Series
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- US Biochar Initiative
- Backyard Biochar Article on the Cone Kiln
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.