How Would you Design a Society From Scratch – Epi-3302
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:11:56 — 37.7MB)
This show is designed only to make you think and think deeply about many issues. In my view our society doesn’t do enough thinking, many people have claim to think and say stuff like I think _____ should be or not be done. This is not thinking though, this is stating an opinion, often one that the person hasn’t really thought very much about.
Thinking about an issue or a problem and how to solve it requires a total consideration of all sides, views and a review of all facts and theories about the concept. We don’t do this very much today for superficial things like, “should the family get a new TV or not” so we damn sure don’t do it with things like, “how do we feed the planet”.
No instead, we have outsourced all of our big problems to government, then divided into two primary teams with a Jackass and a Fat Elephant as mascots, we root for our teams every 2-4 years and trust that jackass and a fatass can then do our thinking for us.
Hey, pause a moment and THINK about that! America today has outsourced our decision making to two groups that use a jackass and a fat ass as their representation. You know how they say dogs and owners start to look the same? But I digress.
The one thing I think we can all agree on is if we were to do a “redo” of current society we would not design things exactly as they are. So what if we could start from scratch? What would we do the same, what would we do differently and what would we just not even touch?
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Let’s begin with the hot dog test, it is deeper then you would expect
- Why do we have a state at all
- Collective Good – Public Works
- I know you think there is more, but really it could just be protection and stability
- Serious questions
- Does money really make sense?
- Should people have to work?
- What is work anyway?
- If people didn’t have to work, what would they do?
- How much work is really useful and important?
- How many jobs are currently protected from technology?
- What do people really want in their lives?
- Is there really anything approaching a resource shortage in the world?
- How would you
- Feed our planet
- Incentivize the development of technology
- Provide medical care
- Allow freedom of expression, religion, etc.
- Provide educational services
- Design communities, villages and towns
- Protect individual rights
- Enforce rules without a “government”
- Or perhaps have government without a state
- What is our alternative to answering these and other important questions
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key – npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- The Wealthsteading Podcast – Grow Your Wealth Like a Garden
- Exist & Build III in Bastrop – Register to Watch it Online for Free Here
- Join the MSB Here
- UTG Ranger Field Bag – Item of the Day
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Politics is a Game T-shirt at TspSwag.com
Video Episode of this Podcast
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
How Would you Design a Society From Scratch – Epi-3302 — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>