Today we announced a new feature to 13skills.com that will improve interaction among members. This got me thinking that while I often talk about our need to improve skills (specifically hard skills) I have not ever really done a dedicated show specifically going into the actual reasons that such skills are so important.
Our modern age has lulled us to sleep but most people that listen to TSP are aware that major changes are not just coming, in many ways they are happening right now, in front of our eyes. We live in a society where people “call a guy” far more often then fixing things themselves. We teach our children to avoid phyical work at all costs and are devolving into tablet and phone based society.
I personally love technology but consider that we teach a student basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division prior to empowering them with a calculator. Should we not also teach young drivers to use street signs and read a map before giving them a GPS application?
I also have some follow up from yesterday, one issue I seem to have been very wrong about in regard to college and I wish to make it right and something very dangerous in the so called “NRA Members Gun Safety Act” I left out yesterday.
Join Me Today as We Discuss…
Follow Up From Episode 1051
- Listener’s weigh in on the value of community college even with advanced degree pursuit
- Why the no fly list and terror watch lists do NOT belong in the gun control debate
On Today’s Main Topic
- What a faltering economy or economic collapse means in regard to skills
- Hard skills vs. soft skills and why we need to emphasize hard skills on some levels
- How we lost our skills as modern Americans
- Why we actually feel fulfilled and good about ourselves by building up our skills
- Why you should focus on the skills that interest you but also challenge you
- How the loss of skills is directly related to our loss of liberty
- Why responsibilities must be part of our rights if we are to retain said rights
- Why real teachers don’t create students but new teachers
- What have you done with your dash, what will you leave behind
Resources for Today’s Show:
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Copper
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- HR 21 – The Reissued Version of Bill HR 6725
- Win Free Tickets to The Free State Project’s Liberty Forum
- Why Issues Like the “Terror Watch List” and “No Fly List” Should Not be Part of Gun Control – YouTube Video Segment from Today’s TSP
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.