Time for a two fer Tuesday. Rather than cover one of these subjects in deep detail I plan to cover both with enough of the basics for you to just be able to understand the primary concepts and get started with both. First on saving seed, the good news is this is really easy and man has been doing it with no special equipment for about as long as he has understood what seeds were. It is simple to do and the key is picking the things that work best for you.
Starting plants is actually a bit more complicated, but it is something honestly anyone can do. The key is determining the method that works best, the best plants to do with with and the maximum ROI in time and money for your personal situation.
Join me today to discuss…
- Why we should save seeds
- Locally adapted
- For specific traits
- Save money
- Because we can
- The basics
- Harvest seed from mature plants
- Pay attention to but don’t freak out about cross pollination
- Keep seed cool, dry and in the dark
- Starting Plants from Seed
- In the ground is always best if doable
- Some plants do not transplant well
- Light is key, so is heat
- Develop a watering system/schedule
- Don’t start a ton more than you can use
- Get your timing right
- Remember with Both of these Things
- Both are skill sets
- Cherry pick what you save or start
- There is no shame in buying plants or seeds
- Seed exchange groups make all of these easier
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- All the Time in the World on SongFacts.com
- All the Time in the World – Deep Purple
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.