Craig Rowland is a software entrepreneur who sold his previous company to Cisco Systems, Inc. He was also an early stage employee with successful acquisitions in 1998 of WheelGroup Corporation to Cisco Systems and early stage consultant to TippingPoint Technologies which sold in 2004 to 3Com Corporation.
These companies focused on computer and network security and he holds several patents in the area and has done other interesting research in the field.
Craig currently volunteers for a local technology incubator as a start-up coach and help turn ideas into businesses. He has experience in executive management, venture capital fund raising, public speaking, marketing, sales, engineering management and development.
Craig joins us today for a discussion of his new book: The Permanent Portfolio: Harry Browne’s Long-Term Investment Strategy.
Today we discuss…
- What exactly is a permanent portfolio
- What real diversification of investments looks like
- Why you should hold government bonds even if you think the dollar is doomed
- The best ways to hold gold
- How Americans still have some options to hold assets outside of the US
- The benefits of adding geographic diversification to your investments
- Two funds that use this strategy if you don’t wish to do it on your own
- What the US implementing capital controls says about our future
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- Craig’s Website – CrawlingRoad.com
- The Permanent Portfolio on Amazon.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.