While I may frame the show today in regard to the current crisis it is all upbeat and optimistic, and the reason is there is a lot to be optimistic about. I am going to start with how a 60 readiness plan works, why if you have one you should be in great shape right now.
I am going to talk about strategic planing and utilization of things like the the “payroll protection” provision of the CAREs act and building a business right now, yea right now. Yet I am also going to talk about the hands on things I am doing on my property right now. Like building more hydroponics systems, more consideration about a micro CSA for my area, expanding my gardening, expanding my aquaculture, plant propagation and more.
It may sound in a negative way too opportunistic but the truth is most people, especially those who are prepared can actually come out of the current situation ahead. I have been asked a lot lately, why I am not more concerned and why I am so optimistic despite all that has gone wrong.
The answer is simple, I am and have been prepared for things to go wrong, the reason is less important than the what. Once you are in that mode, you simply adapt, improvise and overcome. Those that do generally benefit. History is full of stories of how tragedy led to fortunes being made, but only the tales of the famous or infamous stand the test of time. For every such story there are thousands of smaller success stories. We will never know them, they are lost to time, but you can be one, right now, if you chose.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- 60 Days of readiness is all most ever need, this time proves that true
- If you are prepared, you can think, if you can think you can adapt, if you can adapt you can thrive
- Something was always going to happen, what does not really matter only that, grab that mindset and it all gets easier
- The world is on sale, here is what I have seen and what I have done
- I have contacts that dumbed over a million into the Stock Market at 19K
- I got over 10K off on my Subaru Lease
- I got over 600 off on my new John Dheere
- I got over 800 off on a chipper shredder
- I MIGHT buy my dream truck, sticker is 47K, I have the dealer at 31K and have yet to fill out a form
- I may borrow 10K and never have to pay it back, many people will do this
- Mid sized companies can borrow 10 million and not pay it back (not all but some)
- Millions of people now see value where they never have before, what opportunity does that spell for you
- Keep in mind one way or another this ends, it always has, so it always will
- A final thought, two words, life insurance
- What I am doing at Nine Mile Farm
- New deep water, aeroponics, kratkyish hydro system – video link
- New vertical hydro system, for fennel and strawberries, etc.
- Vertical indoor farm being taken to arugula and spinach production for the summer
- Planting out all the wicking beds in the aviary and aviary conversion starts next week
- I have hundreds of plants started for the new garden beds
- Considering the micro CSA approach yet again, key is to make it easy, fast, simple
- Final Thoughts – take care of yourself and be optimistic
- Four Ways to cultivate optimism
- Think about the future
- Give to Charity
- Check on a Neighbor
- Four Ways to cultivate optimism
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- My Podcast About What a Pandemic Would be Like from 2010
- Cracklin’ Rosie – Neil Diamond
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.