Today we take a look at basic emergency and long term preparedness from a stand point of why it is a basic action of responsible adults. The truth is prepping has been sensationalized by both the pop culture media and the industry itself for the same basic reason, marketing.
The pop culture media likes to sensationalize anything from a butt lift to couponing to living off the land. So the fact that they paint preppers as wide eyed extremists isn’t anti prepper, it is simply anti reality and par for the course with our modern garbage media complex.
Next the industry itself is guilty of similar hype, from the moderate to the extreme. From bullshit emails telling you the FEMA camps will be filled with lobotomized and reeducated patriots to the next military training exercise will shut down the grid and you better buy some piece of shit solar generator to keep your beer cold.
The goal of both sides is to get you to pay attention and to effectively monetize their efforts. Either by selling you a pallet of MREs in one case or getting you to watch advertisements for iPhones, insurance and credit card companies on the other.
This however is not preparedness. Today we look at what is, why everyone should do it and flatly why being unprepared is simply irresponsible behavior. We will look at why the unprepared should be considered the extremist, vs. the prepper as well.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The basic American mind set in 1900
- Why it changed, the good and the bad
- Why preparedness is simply responsible behavior
- The limits of your faith often exceed the limits of reality in mere seconds
- The basic needs of all people
- Health and Sanitation
- Physical Security
- Financial Security
- The common factors of survival needs
- Each can be lost in seconds
- Each can be set up with redundancies
- In the end, when you don’t have one, you have a problem
- Systems of support always fail at least for a time
- Dead rescuers save no lives, hence they see to their needs first
- Actions to take, really simple ones
- 72 hour kit (mobile)
- 30 days of in home prep minimum
- Know your neighbors in good times
- Have routes out of your area planned
- Keep good documentation
- Stay aware of local and national risks
- Focus on the likely over the sensational
- Final thoughts on being a responsible adult, when others depend on you
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1557
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Safecastle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.