Homesteading Skills Workshop at Nine Mile Farm
Workshop Dates Oct 1-3, Property Open for Camping and Set Up from Sept 30-Oct 4
Cost – $500.00 – 100.00 Dollar Deposit and 400.00 Dollars Due On Arrival
What this workshop will cover
- Function Stacking in Homestead Design
- Nine Mile Farm Operational Walk Though Centered on our Duck Business
- Self-Watering Stock Tank Container Garden Construction
- Worm Composting
- Green House Construction and Set Up
- Micro Greens Production and Business Start Up
- Fermented Foods and Dry Canning
- Investing and Financial Management
- Plant Propagation
- Honey Bee Management
- Managing a Property with Ducks
- Q&A Sessions
- Live Music
- Great Food
- Barter, Community Building and More
PLEASE NOTE – You can’t sign up for this course yet. We will be talking only 34 students for this course and they usually sell out fast. The time line for sign up will be as follows.
- On Monday the 16th of August I will open the class to MSB members, a link to the sign up page will be posted on the home page of the MSB. You may want to make sure you have your log in details correct before that time if you plan to come.
- On Wednesday the 18th of August I will open any remaining seats to the work shop to all.
It is my goal this year to do two of the most diverse events we have ever done. This one will focus primarily on microgreens, green house set up, container gardens and many additional skills. We will specifically cover microgreens not just for home use but so that you can actually earn income with it if you choose to.
Instructors for this Event
Jack Spirko from The Survival Podcast – Will be teaching worm composting, self watering container gardens (large scale), duck egg production, fermented foods, dry canning and making biochar with a cone kiln.
Jon Dowie from Dowie Farms – Will be teaching microgreen production from start to harvest. We will be getting a few days head start so that you can see everything from planting to harvest and microgreens will even be on the menu during the event. He will also be actually building a 12×8 green house and setting it up with misters, shelving, automatic venting, etc.
Nick Ferguson from Permaculture Classroom – Will be teaching function stacking on the homestead where he will teach you to get more done in less time for less money then you ever thought you could. He will also be teaching several plant propagation methods.
John Pugliano from Investable Wealth – Will be doing two separate sessions on building your wealth so that you can eventually develop the homestead of your dreams or better yet create a business that provides both the income and lifestyle you desire to have.
Jason Smith of JCs Honey Bees – Will be teaching the basics of honey bee management and it looks like we will even be able to sample the first batch of 9 Mile Farm Honey from the three hives installed last season on our farm.
Again registration for this event will open on Monday for MSB Members and then on Wednesday for all. We are doing a second event with a major focus on Duck Based Silvo Pasture and Quail Processing and Egg Production in Nov. More details on that event will come in about two weeks.
We expect this to be one of the most information packed and fun TSP events of all time.
Here are a Few Pictures From Past Events