James Wesley Rawles is a former U.S. Army intelligence officer and survivalist, and a well-known survival lecturer and author. Rawles is the editor of SurvivalBlog.com one of the nation’s most popular blog on family preparedness.
He lives in an undisclosed location west of the Rockies and is the author of the bestselling Founders: A Novel of the Coming Collapse, Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse, Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse, and a nonfiction survival guide, How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It.
James joins us today to discuss Expatriates, he latest book that was published on October 1st. Today we will discuss James’ latest book and his personal view on survivalism and how that inspires the fiction that he writes and why he plans to continue to write but fictional novels and hard fact based guides as well.
I will also be asking James Questions Today Such as…
- What do you see as the three most likely disasters that America faces
- Why did you start writing novels before you wrote any survival manuals
- What is the highest priority for family preparedness
- What do you mean by well-balanced preparedness
- What are the primary components to well-balanced preparedness
- What are some the things that are most often overlooked by preppers
- What segment of society might be hardest hit in a collapse
- Is a US breakup during a collapse likely or at least possible
- Will there be a 5th book in the “Coming Collapse” series
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1242
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- James Wesley Rawles on Amazon – All of his books can be found at this link
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.