MonvalleyPrepper (aka Brad Davies) is a long time member of the TSP audience and community. A few months ago he chimed in on a comments thread here at the TSP Blog about raising quail When I heard the shear volume of production in such a tiny foot print I knew I had to get him on the air.
It got better though! Next, I heard he lived in the suburbs, had neighbors on either side. That inspire of that he was able to produce in the range of 20,000 eggs a year and hundreds of meat animals. Now get this his neighbors didn’t even know they were there!
Once I heard all that I knew how important this could be for other preppers. I also realized it might be a solution for many of our members that want to homestead in the city or the burbs and not call down the wrath of code enforcement officials or blue hairs running the local HOA.
Join Us Today As We Discuss…
- The basic process from start to finish
- Setting up housing and equipment
- Getting incubation of your eggs right
- Inputs and outputs of the system
- Specific suburban issues to consider
- Using quail tractors or going large scale
- Breeding to improve stock and culling to curb undesirable traits
- Avoiding common getting started/first season mistake
- Some specific equipment and feed recomendations
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Backwoods Home Magazine – (sponsor of the day)
Bird Specific Resources for Today’s Show
- Photos of Brad’s Operation on Flickr
- Quail Place Forum
- Back Yard Chickens Quail Specific Board
- Micro Livestock Book – Covers Quail Free Online Version
- Water cups Brad Uses
- Quail Egg Cutters
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.