One thing I hear so many successful people in the food production world say almost every time one of them speaks is “grow at least some of your own food”. The problem is the only solution they usually provide is something like, “even if it is just some herbs in a window”.
Now don’t get me wrong, as you will see today I think growing some herbs is a great idea but I also see it as one and only one step in making a meaningful contribution to your diet and life though growing your own food. What I tried to put together today is a blueprint, damn near step by step to grow a signifigant amount of food that will work for almost anyone.
Anyone with anything approaching a lot, even postage stamp in size will be able to do all or at least most of it. Even some apartment and town home type dwellers will be able to do much of it. In the end though much will require a bit of land, but not much and none of it will cost a huge amount of money either.
Join Me Today to Discuss….
- Let’s go back not so long ago when almost everyone did some of this
- Why this really is important right now
- Ten simple things you can do to produce some of your own food and lifestyle needs
- Grow these three herbs in your landscaping, Lemon Balm, Mint and Bee Balm
- Grow beans any where you have anything that will work as a trellis (pole/runner/long/etc)
- Grow a long storing easy large squash like tromboncino
- Learn 4-6 plants you can locally forage
- Find a place you can catch edible fish and go a couple times a month or more
- Raise quail or other poultry and/or rabbits
- Build a small hydro system and grow basil, arugula and a few types of lettuce
- Build a slightly more involved herb garden with herbs like chives, oregano, parsley, etc.
- Compost your food waste, even in a very passive manner
- Plant a few fruit trees or bushes
- Consider adding some aquaculture if it is possible
- These ten steps will do far more than you likely think
- Twenty years ago was a good time to start but now is going to have to do
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Parler
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- Buy Bitcoin on CoinBase
- Sammy Hagar Tells the Story Behind “Winding Down”
- Winding Down – Sammy Hagar
Sponsors of the Day
Links for the Hydro/Aqua Projects I Mentioned and Seed Sources
- Danner Pump
- Active Aqua Pump
- MasterBlend Fertilizer
- CZ Net Cups
- Century Timers
- Digital Scale for Measuring Fertilizer
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.