We recently unloosed Episode #3 of Unloose the Goose titled The Futility of Politics and the Utility of Community. It was a great episode and exactly what I hoped for when I assembled the gaggle happened, an idea popped out. You might say we laid and idea egg.
Like most idea eggs it was tiny at first, just a topic of discussion, the concept of protecting some activities by creating a “private club” and thereby not being subject to many of the states systems.
For 48 hours now this egg has rolled around in my head and made me think more broadly, as to private clubs and how that would play with “virtual nations”. Today we reexamine the concept and ask if a global private club might be the real answer to these issues.
Please understand this idea egg is still a tiny baby, it has flaws I am sure, but I also think it has potential to some day hatch into a mighty goose! I have a lot of thoughts about how this might work, a lot of reasons it may not. My hope is to put this egg out into the world today and let anyone exposed to it do what the gaggle has been doing, act like goose.
We all know the goose will attack when it needs to, but those like me who have kept geese know there is more to them than aggression. They are amazing parents, great flock members even with other birds, alarm systems and more. Beyond all that they are also both curious and intelligent. I have watched them study things, examine them, figure them out and take action on that. I will tell two such stories to kick off today’s podcast and I hope it helps to unloose the goose in you!
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The genesis of this idea and the unicard in Texas
- The tale of two geese to inspire you to think like a goose
- Thoughts on how a global private club might work compared to a virtual nation
- Hinges on a not for profit controlled crypto currency – this is simple and hard at the same time
- The global club would in some way be like “the Masons”, don’t let that bother you, it is about structure
- It would also not be like the Masons at all, zero hierarchy, no leader in the big club
- How not to become the next Ross Ulbricht, I am sure not going to
- The global club would be a club of clubs, may be, just a thought
- Membership is open but requires some specific actions but those are mechanical
- Individual clubs in the club set their own rules
- This is a system designed to create a structure, nothing more
- You have to let go, not control, not set rules, be an actual voluntarist
- Perhaps a one commandant religion is attached to it, “Do not hurt people and don’t take their stuff”
- No one enforces the commandant, it is to place another wall in front of the state, the individual decides
- No this is not a complete idea but there is something to it, may be global is not the way, may be only tiny clubs are the way
- May be this is all wrong but what can we take from it, or will it work, who knows
- Final thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Major Tom – I’m Coming Home – Peter Schilling
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.