Today we discuss the basic concept of permaculture and the reasoning behind zone based design We then move on to David Holmgren’s 12 principles of permaculture and how they can be stated in more tactical or business minded views to make them a bit more concrete for some.
Tune in today to for 12 Permaculture Design Principles and Zone Based Design Concepts…
- What exactly is Permaculture
- Why this is absolutely a “Survival Topic”
- A prime directive and three ethics
- A design science based on systems level thinking
- The Zones of Permaculture design and how to think about them beyond agriculture
- Twelve Principles of Design from Co Founder David Holmgren (there are hundreds of such principles BTW)
- Observe and Interact – or – Be a Part of Things
- Catch and Store Energy – or – Be an Ant not a Grasshopper
- Obtain a Yield – or – Get an ROI on Your Efforts
- Apply Self Regulation and Accept Feedback – or – Don’t Kill the Golden Goose
- Use and Value Resources and Services – or -Be Efficient to Become Independent
- Produce No Waste – or – Make Use of Everything
- Design from Patterns to Details – or -Be an Artist and Step Back for a Longer View
- Integrate Rather than Segregate – or -Understand the Power of Teams
- Use Small and Slow Solutions – or – Focus On What You Can Do First
- Use and Value Diversity – or – Practice Risk Reduction
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal – or – Seek Alliances Not Conflicts
- Use Creativity and Adapt to Change – or – Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP 2020 Initial Announcement
- Texas – Chris Rea
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.