Episode-1991- How Preparedness Leads to Liberty
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (19.0MB)
If you go find my TSP forum profile you will see a bit of text that says,
Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
I guess it is about 8 years since I put those words on my profile and my view of the value of liberty has only increased since that time. Since day one I have said the real mission of The Survival Podcast is to educate people to the concepts of Self Sufficiency, Self Reliance, Independence and Liberty. To me those four ideas can’t be separated.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- First let’s define the four pillars of TSP
- Self Sufficiency – The percentage of your needs met by your own systems
- Self Reliance – The duration in time you can live well without systems of support
- Independence – The ability to control your own life on your own terms
- Liberty – The freedom to fully exercise your independence
- Why people choose bondage over liberty
- Programming and conditioning (domestication)
- Misdirected morality
- How Preparedness Leads to Liberty
- It removes fear
- It directly addresses programming and domestication
- It requires independent thought
- It is counter to the norm, and requires action
- It sooner or later pays off, so you know it works
- The things we should be taught are our personal responsibility as children
- Why the system will never take this approach
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1991
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Beyond Survival – Gerald Coffee
- First Offical GDGC – Meet Up, Camp Out and Shoot
- Civil War – Guns and Roses
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Right on! Great show.
I looked at my scores over the past few years I’ve been listening in to the show:
Self Sufficiency, Self Reliance, Independence, Liberty – all much improved thanks to the helpful information found here. Thanks.
Today’s song is fantastic. It was one of my favorites from those two GNR CDs. The words didn’t resonate then like they do now, “It feeds the rich, while it buries the poor.” Oh, how true.
Another favorite quote from another song (the title escapes me) on Use Your Illusion I, “Your satisfaction lies in your illusions, but these delusions are yours and not mine.” I almost used that as my quote for my Master’s Thesis, but decided against it.
It’s not that pot is bad for you, it’s the proven fact that it is a gateway which directly leads to the doubling of consumption of those Cheetos.
Recently discovered your podcast, Jack. No stranger to bug out bags, but just now committing to the longer game. Listened to this episode 3 times in a row, and will listen again. How on earth have I lived 55 years, been educated BA/MA, worked professional state government jobs, taught college and never heard (much less understood) the now obvious truth of why Prepping makes so much sense? You have reached me deeply, and I am grateful. Thank you for “getting back to the basics” for this podcast. Talk about something missing in the US education system!
Thanks for giving us a shot, please stick around and keep letting us know what you want to hear about.
Listened to this podcast more intently than I usually do it is what I needed to hear , right in this moment
This struck me to the core ,will be shareing this to my teenage boys
Thanks to you and Dorethy for all you do
I noticed you started tying-up your shirt and wearing Daisey Dukes in your duck chronicles, to each there own, hope you recieve your desired effects.?