OK we often say “be an ant not a grasshopper” here at the survival podcast. We also often say that “winter is coming” so get prepared now. Today we take an oppsite look (sort of) on that. Winter is now here in much of the nations and the warm days of summer seem a long way off, but they will be here before you know it, now is the time to plan for your spring garden before you get behind the power curve.
Tune in today to hear,
- Today’s is a listener contest day so I will announce a code word to win one of two in car gun safes from Center of Mass
- An announcement, I will be on vacation from Dec 24th – Jan 5th
- Thoughts on planning your garden now including setting dates for starting seeds, putting out plants etc
- Calculating your frost dates, planting dates, etc.
- Now it a great time for building beds and getting them ready for the warm days that will be here soon
- February is a great month for stating seeds, it will be here before know it
- Using seed catalogs in your research and planning
- If you plan to garden for survival needs now is the time to make mistakes
- What we learn from people that really go all out with self sufficiency
- A bit of a rant on the “cult of environmentalism”
- Planning and installing drip irrigation systems
- In Colorado you don’t own the rain water that runs off your roof, REALLY!
- An announcement about a special Christmas show I will be broadcasting on Christmas Eve
Resources for today’s show
- The Online Farmer’s Almanac
- Sources of Seeds and Seed Catalogs – Over 24 print catalogs you can request sent to your house for free
- 9 Cool Catalogs for Permaculture – Grape Vines, Trees, Berries and more
- Square Foot Gardening
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
Please get involved with Stockings for Soldiers as well.