About four years ago I came up with a concept we called Permaethos. The idea was a community built on the principles of Permaculture. The plan involved an ownership stake for everyone that participated. We quickly ran afoul of the FTC as it was considered solicitation for investment.
Please let it sink in that if I just took peoples money and offered no return it would have been fine! Because without government…., I digress.
Anyway with some juggling and a few different plans we eventually settled on a single farm model.
Some things went really good, some not so good but in the end Permaethos is a success. We have new plans going forward and part of me still hasn’t given up on Permaethos 1.0.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- PermaEthos 1.0 – why it could not happen
- PermaEthos 1.5 – how it became impossible
- PermaEthos 2.0
- Why we went that way
- The huge tax loss due to it
- What went right
- What went wrong
- The state of Elijah’s Spring Farm Today
- PermaEthos 2.5 Today’s Model
- The Return of AgriTrue
- A Commitment to Our Founders
- PermaEthos 3.0
- The community model revisited
- May or may not be part of PermaEthos, LLC
- No matter what PE Founders and Class 01 are Given First Shot!
- My Thoughts on Making a Farm Profitable
- No one can do it for you
- Start small (most of the time)
- Do not think woofers will do all the real work
- Do not accept woofers until you have a schedule of work for them
- It is damn hard, but it is worth it
- Think alternative revenue steams, tourism, hunting, etc.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1840
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Amazon
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- PermaEthos Upcoming Presentations
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.