Last week I realized that we have not really dived deep into the topic of Permaculture for a while so last Tuesday I did part one of this series. If you have not listened to it you may want to listen to it for a basic understanding of the science of permaculture, especially if the topic itself is new to you.
Today we expand on Part One and discuss sectors of design and basic earthworks. We also discuss property evaluation though the permaculture lens of “water, access, structure”.
I also expand on the prior episodes design principles with 6 more design principles and how they should influence your choices with design.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- A basic definition of Permaculture
- Permaculture’s Sectors of Design
- Winds – hot summer, cold winter, etc
- Solar – sun in summer, winter, shadows, etc
- Water – flows onto, across and off the property
- Pollution – noise, chemicals, run off, flood zones, etc.
- Views – good views, bad view, etc.
- Fire – blocks, dangers, etc
- Wild Life – natural movement, attractants, repellents, etc.
- Any and All Energies
- Earth Works – water moves at right angle to contour
- Swales – not every design should have them
- Ponds and Dams – water is life
- Plowing and Ripping
- How to Evaluate a Property
- Six More Design Principles
- Obtain a yield
- The mature forest floor is an underground lake
- Connect all systems by relationships, functions and surpluses
- The problem is the solution
- Everything gardens
- Patterns dictate design
- Final Thoughts
This continues a multi part series on Permaculture, next time we will discuss, guilds, free form vs. specific design, 6 more design principles and more.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- My April Fools Video
- Blood on Blood – Bon Jovi
Check out these free videos, you are going to love them…
- 2019 Permaculture Masterclass :: Video-1
- 2019 Permaculture Masterclass :: Video 2
- 2019 Permaculture Masterclass :: Video 3
- 2019 Permaculture Masterclass :: Video 4
- Interview I did with Verge Permaculture
- 16 Part Permaculture Design Series I did on Youtube
- Five Primary Functions of Swales
- An Explanation of Swales as a Design System
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.