Today’s show may not sound very “survivaly” but frankly one of the biggest common disasters is actually some sort of personal financial failure. Many times this eventually is traced back to a business failing. Your boss has his business decline and cuts your salary or lays you off. Or your own business flounders and you fail to earn enough money.
Today we discuss using permaculture principles to analyze a business and not really a “permacutlure business” I mean any business from software, to social media to selling tires. Design is design and it really is that simple.
Another reason you may want to listen to this show is that I believe the process I will lay out today could easily be formalized into a more refined state and actually used as a consultancy tool. The right person could take this model and simply make a living as a business consultant with it. Lastly, one of my main tenets for modern survival is to set up your own business if you can, from one man perorations to the fortune 100, the process I lay out today will transform how you view business.
Join Me Today As I Discuss
- The eight forms of capital (link)
- Define the edges of a business
- Departmental edges
- Marketing edges
- Sales edges
- Product creation edges
- Customer service edges
- Training edges
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the MSB
- The Year 1304
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Get TSP Copper Sentinels
- TSP Gear
- Back Yard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- Next Level Training – (MSB Discount Vendor of the Day 20.5% off SIRTs)
- 8 Forms of Capital Audio Series
- 8 Forms of Capital Article by Ethan Roland
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.