How NRCS Programs Can Help Small Farmers – Epi-3303
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:01:12 — 34.7MB)
Rebecca Anderson Bellanca, aka “Becca” is the Washington State Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Small Farms and Urban Agriculture Specialist. She started her career as a county planner in Texas and Washington. She WWOOFed in California, Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia.
She went through her Permaculture Design Course in Austin, taught a portion of a PDC in Houston, is certified in Holistic Management International, and went through the Soil Food Web Course. Rebecca joins us today to discuss how NRCS can help small farms and urban farmers in a variety of ways.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- What is NRCS
- Who does NRCS help
- How does NRCS help folks
- What kinds of practices/projects can NRCS pay for
- Can I get more funding if I stack functions on my property
- How does NRCS assistance overlap with permaculture ethics
- Where does Whole Systems Design overlap with the NRCS planning process
- Is NRCS trying to focus more on small farms and urban agriculture
- What’s the process for applying for help
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key – npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
- NRCS Website
Sponsors of the Day
- JM Bullion – Stack silver and gold, great prices and free shipping.
- Ridge Wallet – Protect your identity and find awesome EDC gear!
- Join the MSB Here
- UTG Ranger Field Bag – Item of the Day
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Politics is a Game T-shirt at TspSwag.com
Video Episode of this Podcast
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.”
Interesting stuff and she seems like a cool enough young lady but I think I would be pretty leery about inviting federal agents to come walk my property.
Her agency might be non-regulatory but that doesn’t mean they won’t call some other agency if they see that I’m cultivating a plant that they consider invasive or maybe they want to turn my pond into a wetland that I can’t utilize anymore, etc…
Nick you just said, “I don’t know jackshit about NRCS without saying it”. Seriously.