I have started a new MSB Video series about our work with Nine Mile Farm which is Dorothy’s new farmstead business and the work we are doing, the results we are having and the way we are marketing and building a customer base.
We want to make these videos really cool for members of the Support Brigade, so after watching it please be sure to leave questions and comments for what you want to see in next weeks updates.
The purpose of these videos is to give MSB members a behind the scenes look at what we do at the the Spirko homestead and with the operations of the TSP business itself. This will generally be things that we are reserving for our private members only.
All the MSB Only Videos videos are posted to Vimeo and are password protected.
The pass code will be the same for all videos and it is prominently displayed on the main page of your MSB Private Area. If you ask for the password or tell me a you can’t see the video in the comments here, you comment will be ignored.
You will see it as soon as you log in. You can’t miss it. It is in BOLD RED at the top of the page when you log in.
The video is located at https://vimeo.com/114987070
Remember you can always find all our MSB Only Videos at http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/tag/msbvids
Today’s video notes,
- We had a very busy Two Weeks and we got our third Customer, and our first Repeat Duck Eggs (4 dozen eggs on a repeat order.)
- I completed 60 feet of swale mulching, seed, etc. and completed the third swale main irrigation feed but had a failure of one of the pipe joints and have to now dig it up and redo it.
- Sam got our second 1550 gallon tank installed and plumed to the other for equalization. The ¾ inch line going into the building is going to be plumbed into a filter and pump to pressurize the water for use in the nursery, zone one and several gardens.
- We got signage from vistaprint.com and they are great but too small we have to order lager ones now.
- Our duck eggs were hatched by two different friends both got about a 30% hatch rate. I think the ducks young age and the wet conditions during collection were the reason for the lower numbers.
- I have begun research for a cider apple nursery and planning the layout for it.
- Heard a great podcast at permaculturevoices.com/97 with the owner of kuffelcreek.com
- Found a great book called Old Southern Apples you can find it at bit.ly/southapple
- If you want Antonovka seeds for growing your own apple trees from seed, you can get them from Sheffield’s at bit.ly/antonovka