Nick Ferguson on The Homestead Nursery – Episode-3298
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:10:41 — 37.4MB)
Today Nick Ferguson joins us to tell you how you can save thousands of dollars and perhaps even earn as much or more by setting up your own homestead nursery. We will talk about the how, the what, the why and the things that can go wrong, how to prevent them and why every homesteader should be propagating at least some plants.
Join Us Today to Discuss…
- Why your homestead should have a nursery
- The biggest considerations of nursery set up
- Nick’s biggest failure and what it can teach you
- Various methods of plant propagation and their relative difficulty
- Dealing with disease, pests and insects in your nursery
- Synthetic vs. fully organic fertilization
- When you need a greenhouse, when it is nice to have, when you don’t need it
- Managing costs with nursery set up
- How you can learn more about this subject
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key – npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- The Wealthsteading Podcast – Grow Your Wealth Like a Garden
- Exist & Build III in Bastrop – Time is running out, a few VIP tickets remain
- Join the MSB Here
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Politics is a Game T-shirt at TspSwag.com
Some of the Stuff We Talked About Today…
- Sheffield’s Seeds
- Neem Cake (for fungus gnats in seed systems)
- Dynomyco Mycorrhizal Fungi Inoculant
- Basic Soldering Iron Kit
Video Episode of this Podcast
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Besides being able to get a transcript from Fountain.fm.
Do you transcript your shows?
HOLY CRAP!!! Now I am so nervous about planting my trees. I had no idea things were that expensive! HOLY CRAP!!!
I just bought over 300 trees of all kinds fruit and a few ornamentals. Long story short, first trip to the sale 15.00 each/ 2nd $7.50/ 3rd same trees $1.00 yes ONE each. By the time I was done buying paid about $4.30 Missed the last trip where I could have bought all that was left for donation only. The trees are about 3-6′ tall. SD, D and UD (uber dwarf) some standard.
Now I am second guessing everything I thought I was going to do. So THANK YOU for this show. (I think? hahaha) Perfect timing I need all the help I can get to keep these alive. Didn’t even know how much help I needed. Sure gave me more ideas and possibilities. Awesome thank you. Will get on this new project that just exploded to new levels, as soon as my heart gets back to normal rhythm. Defiantly going to have to listen several times.
Oh man maybe in my established orchard I need to take more care about what I am doing. My peach trees have leaf curl was just going to chop and drop. The mouse thing grrr some have done some bad things to my trees. Well then so have the sheep and pigs. Ok thanks again my head is spinning hahaha
Great info. I will look forward to signing up for the course, Central Georgia is lacking small nurseries in the area.