All eyes seem to focus on one number, the US National Debt owed by the federal government. The number is alarming no doubt as of this episode it is currently 15.2 trillion dollars. That’s 134,000 per tax payer. The bigger issue though is that our states collectively owe over 2.8 trillion just in municipal bonds (based on late 2011 estimates).
Debt is one thing but “unfunded obligations” are even worse. Join me today to fully understand the stark reality of our economic future and why you need to be preparing right now to be a self sufficient as possible going forward.
Join me today as we discuss…
- How the middle class is the back bone of a nation’s economy
- 30 Signs the middle class is dying
- How the nation, states, cities and people are really corporations
- When push comes to shove at the state/city level what will be cut
- Why balance the books can’t fix the economic problems at this point
- A look at a few states doing “good” and doing “not so good”
- Why even those “doing good” are on the way to major pain
- Why preparedness is the only viable solution at this point
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Emergency Essentials – (sponsor of the day)
- HarvestEating.com – (sponsor of the day)
- Video – 30 Signs the Middle Class is Dying
- Judge Let’s Bankrupt Towns Slash Pensions
- Harrisburg Mayor Rejects Expense Cuts Even though Harrisburg is Bankrupt
- US Debt Clock – Look at the top Right for State Debt Clock Options
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.